The beauty and the beast of 'Speed Driving'

Yes , I like calling it speed driving. Rash driving is the name that those envious on lookers and those who are unable of speeding beyond 40kmph, call it. Its a much debated topic, the media and the elders always make sure that its in the air always!
Driving a two wheeler, motored or other wise, has a lot to do with balance, and once you get a license its not only about your balance alone but also of the stranger riding close to you.Or else you shall find people dressed in khaki and white talking to you.
I too love speeding, but not on those busy roads where the moment you speed someone a mile away from you shall lose their balance.But on a stretch of almost deserted highway to my college.Its nice to feel the breeze and the cold air, brush your face. And that's the only place, where I like to take off my helmet.The chill of the cold air, the warmth of the sun on your neck, and the tears on your eye because of the speed....... really gripping.That's the beauty.

I usually undergo a question hour at home as soon as I am back from college, where my mom tells me word for word what those terrified friends( whose BP had always been a matter of concern for my mom) of hers have told her, seeing my driving.
Yes its been the same since I have started driving on my own, and more so since I got my license.

So I had myself conducted a research on why elders behave so.And here are my findings, I know that you shall agree with me.
a) The elders don't understand that it is not speeding that causes accidents but lack of balance.
b)Or else they are scared to drive fast themselves and so are envious.
c) Or else they have never driven in their lives and are not sure how it is to drive fast.
d) They don't like you and want you to get scoldings from your parents.

The list is just suggestive, you can always add yours;-)

Now on to the beast.
I have to spare a moment to speak of those ill headed rashers, really.... or else God curse me.
Like i have mentioned earlier, speed driving is not dangerous to you but it could be for others, who are not as fortunate as you in matters of balance.And when I speak of rashers,I speak of those dumb headed people, who zigzag in their highly modified bikes, through all those little bit of spaces that they find, toppling every unsuspecting traveller on road. And if you are one of such insane people, curse me not, for i speak nothing but the truth( in this case;-) ) Spare a thought for those people who fall behind you.

Speed where you are not a threat. Spare somebody their days left on earth, its their right and privilege, don't you be the one denying it to them.
Closing on that positive note ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts