Till I die, and even after...


Today was one of those days that recently, I find myself more in. And so, I decided the day would be better spent on making my room more 'room' like . Which of course included painting it.And so, there I was, away from all sorts of 'technology', perched on an ladder, in a steaming room and trying hard to not make the room messier, and there comes my mom, after successfully completing all her house hold works for the day. I switched on the music in my phone, because I could sense the growing silence...I was just too tired for words, or so I felt. I guess ma could sense my energy ebbing away too, for she offered to help me. And took away the can of paint and the brush from me, and started painting those parts of the wall that was accessible to her. And I took to observing her. How despite being tired herself, she was taking the pain to see that the tired, coughing and fever-way-bound 'me' was taking enough breaks.

My mom, she has always meant the world to me, she was my best friend, my all weather friend, the only person on earth I am never insecure about- for I know, be what ever she would be with me, for ever. It was bliss to sit with her every evening, and to sleep beside her in the nights, reciting like  a parrot all the events of that day. It's been so long, those moments of ours.. and watching her there, I just realized how much I miss those times. What with college, million activities, sports, late night studies, assignments- I never found time to go sit there beside my ma. But now, that I am done with college, now that I have kept everything at a stand still, I finally get to spend more time with my mom.

Tired but forgetting all that, she was up there to help me. The lady who had always sacrificed every lil happiness that she was due, to make sure her two daughters would have the best lives, best education, and best future. She would work tirelessly to make the home spotless, take the two of us to school, for tuition, spend her hours of sleep, awake to listen to our stories..Shes been an angel, my mom :')

Tonight, I am more convinced that I wouldn't survive without her around. From waking up late in the morning, sleeping late in the night, and having the most unclean room in town, to not eating on time, she has always had to bear with me. Her loving means of trying to civilize me, of being my guiding light through all my dark times.

There were times her shoulders were wet by my tears, when her hands pulled me back up when I missed a step, when through her undemanding love she had made me feel like a princess, when her lap was my solace, her words my motivation, her presence my energy, her smile the biggest award on earth...

I just wanted to tell you mom, how much you mean, and forever will.And to thank you for everything you've ever done, for being there, for making me what I am, for being My Mom.
Loads of love,
Me

Till I die and even after
The sun comes up again, just like it did yesterday.
I'll wake up to your call, have the tea that you had made me,
Watch as you gracefully, transform the den into a home,
Listen to your songs, follow you around like a puppy.
Get on your way as much I do on your nerves,
Make faces, act the lil kid, dance, jump in a  puddle, be a spoilt brat
But, I'll love you like no one else does,
I'll be your lil princess, forever mom,
Till I  die and even after...

Comments

  1. simply awesome...:)
    cnt express in words..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heart-touching words!
    Mother is the only person who can never be replaced even by God..
    Your Amma is lucky to have u as her daughter....
    And will miss u in the college Chechi:((

    ReplyDelete
  3. thnx a ton kiddos :))
    @neeya- i hv chckd out ur blgo- nd i must say u write too good man :)) i loved your one piece abt friends.. good :))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts