Twain the hero :D

Mark Twain...
I'm flabbergasted with the amount of 'nonsense' ( according to the prevailing social standards) that this man has amounted to say. But somehow it has increased my respect for the man.. So here goes some of them..

1."Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option."
So true Mr.Twain, so true- perfectly worded. Bravo!

2."Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day."
Ha Ha Ha.. true.

3."I like a thin book because it can steady a table, a leather volume because it will strop a razor, and a heavy book because it can be thrown at a cat."
And who ever thought he would say that? I wonder what he used for squatting flies.

4."When angry, count four. When very angry, swear."
What the....? he he

5.''A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.''
So So true..

6.''A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar.''
There again..

7.''A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.''
See see you skeptics..

8.''Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.''
Ahaa!

9''Any emotion, if it is sincere, is involuntary.''
Ya

10.''Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.''
True he he


11.''As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain from smoking when awake.''
Hmph he had a way of saying everything

12.''I haven't any right to criticize books, and I don't do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticize Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can't conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Every time I read Pride and Prejudice I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone.''
OMG he was er I can't find the right word...sensational?

13.''All right, then, I'll go to hell.''
Oh ok :D- He said that too :D



Comments

Popular Posts