Unraveling 'The Me'

I believe that if ever there was a moment of total transformation, it was the moment of our birth. In that instant, we stepped through a door in time into a new reality -the reality of human life,the moment when the curtain goes up in our lives
How do we speak about ourselves? I doubt anyone, or for the matter, I, could define myself, let alone clearly distinguish my likes and dislikes and sketch myself in words, without an external help. The biggest of all our questions  ' Who am I', is always left unanswered. And we always make vague yet willing attempts to answer it. And that's what I am trying too. Not to answer the question of who I am, but rather to sketch me quite as I know, having taken a great deal of help from around :))

There are times when I seem to enjoy my solitude and prefer to work alone. I need time to contemplate my ideas without the intrusion of other people's thoughts. I keep saying that I am  a lone wolf, a person who lives by her own ideas and methods. As a result, close associations are difficult for me to form and keep. I need my space and privacy, which, when violated, can cause me great frustration and irritation.
But here's the twist, People who know me, wouldn't call me a loner, let alone the fact that I like working alone. For them, I am a people's person. But, I have distinct limits. While I am generous in social situations, sharing my attention and energy freely, I am keenly aware of the need to 'come off stage' and return to the solitude of myself.

I associate peace with the unobtrusive privacy of my world. And what is my world, I decide and that stays. Therefore, intimacy is difficult for me, because I guard my inner world like a mother lion does her cubs.And when someone becomes a part of that world, then, that's another story.

My story is that of a person who finds it difficult to say 'No'. I remember a teacher once telling me- If you do not want to say 'yes', never hesitate to say 'No'. But well, I don't seem to have understood that properly. I am sometimes amazed by the number of calls I receive from friends, when they are in need, or when they merely need someone to listen to them. That's what I have been - A listener. And a diplomatic one at it too... I act at times as the happiness catalyst. And at moments of great frustration, I call myself the paracetamol (One less Headache)!

I am the ultimate mixture of all opposites that I have ever seen.  And I seem to be doing fine so far.
For now- This should do!


Comments

Popular Posts